buttons

Image Map

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Creating Layered Scene with Stampin Up's High Tide stamp set



To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  For today's card, I wanted to create a fun, layered scene using Stampin' Up!'s High Tide stamp set.  This is a card that looks super complicated to make, but once you see it done step by step, it's super easy to do.  Here are some pictures:




To create this card, I started off with a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 3 3/4" by 5".  I next cut out an oval (the largest oval) from the Stitched Shapes die set out of Whisper White cardstock.  I added a tiny amount of snail adhesive to the back of the oval, then ran my finger over it to get the sticky off.  Then, I stuck the white oval down on top of the white rectangular piece of Whisper White cardstock (I off centered it to the left).  Next, I stamped my lighthouse onto the oval piece.  I stamped the more detailed image (the first step of the stamp) with Night of Navy ink.  I then stamped the second step (the less detailed image of the lighthouse) with Sahara Sand ink.  Next, I stamped the sand using Crumb Cake ink.  I then turned the stamp around and kept stamping until the entire bottom of the panel was stamped with sand.  Next, I stamped the lighthouse and the sand onto some post it notes and cut them out for masks.  I layered the masks over the sand and lighthouse.  I then took a large post it note and covered up the sky (which created my horizon line).  I then stamped the ocean, first with Pool Party ink and then with Pacific Point.  Then, I lightly sponged Pool Party ink using a Stampin' Sponge onto the top portion of the cardstock panel (the "sky").  Next, I stamped the birds with Early Espresso ink.  I stamped the light coming from the lighthouse with So Saffron ink (I stamped off once, then stamped it onto the cardstock).  I also stamped the sentiment with Night of Navy ink.  After that, we were done with the stamping.

Next, I layered an oval (cut from the Layering Ovals die set) out of Night of Navy cardstock behind the white oval panel, then set that aside for a moment.  I created a card base out of Crumb Cake cardstock which is a top folding card base, measuring 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" when folded.  I then layered the rectangular piece of Whisper White cardstock on top of a piece of Night of Navy cardstock, which was cut at 4" by 5 1/4".  I then layered that panel on to the card base.  Next, I brought my oval panel back over and stuck some dimensionals on the back.  I wound some silver metallic string along the back, and then stuck the panel down onto the card.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Don't forget I am offering an online card class using this stamp set.  To see all the details on that class, please click HERE.  The deadline for registering for this class is tomorrow, Monday, July 2 at noon EST (email me at christinemriley@gmail.com if you wish to enroll in the class).  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  I'll link below to every item I used to create today's card.  Thanks so much!  Big Hugs!

Hugs, Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment