buttons

Image Map

Saturday, July 7, 2018

How to make a cute note card set using the Sheltering Tree stamp set from Stampin' Up!




To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi stampers! For today's card and video, I decided to create a fun note card set using the Sheltering Tree stamp set from Stampin' Up (an oldie, but goodie stamp set).  Whenever I do in person Stampin' Up events, I always bring Sheltering Tree with me.  It's a fantastic stamp set for any level of stamper and I have found that people who have never stamped before in their life come away really proud to have created a beautiful card.  This stamp set makes stamping super easy.  The video is a bit long, but it's not because it's complicated to make these cards.  I just wanted to show you two different ways to get the different colors in the leaves of the tree. Hope you enjoy the video :)  Here are some pictures of the note cards:





To create these cards, I first cut pieces of Whisper White cardstock to 3 3/4" by 5".  I then stamped all my images.  The tree trunk was stamped in Early Espresso.  The leaves were stamped in either Pear Pizzazz or Garden Green and then layered (either with stamp pad or marker, as shown in the video) with Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, or Gorgeous grape inks.  I then cut a piece of colored cardstock (either Gorgeous Grape, Flirty Flamingo, or Melon Mambo) to 4" by 5 1/4" and layered the white piece on top.  I then wound some linen thread around the card panels, and then adhered to A2 sized Crumb Cake card bases.  Finally, I added some rhinestones for a finishing touch.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  I'll link below all of the products I used to create these cards.  Hugs!

Hugs, Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment