buttons

Image Map

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Creating a Beautiful Floral Card with Stampin' Up's Healing Hugs Stamp Set



To view on YouTube click HERE.

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  I was so excited to play with the gorgeous Healing Hugs stamp set from Stampin' Up!  This is one of the distINKtive stamp sets in the catalog (they are delineated with a little icon in the catalog and there are a few sets).  They are oh so gorgeous.  What these stamps do is they provide a photo realist look to your stamped image.  You know how we get beautiful, realistic looking images with three step stamping?  Well, this line of stamps allows you to do that with just one stamp.  It's brilliant and oh so beautiful.  I decided I'm going to do an online card class with this stamp set in the near future so stay tuned for that :)  Here are some pictures of my card:



Isn't that floral image gorgeous?  I just LOVE this stamp set.  To create this card, I first stamped the flower and the leaves on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the flower with Blackberry Bliss and I stamped the leaves with Granny Apple Green.  I then cut them out, adhered the leaves to the back of the flower with some glue dots, and then set them aside for a moment.  Next, I took a piece of Soft Suede cardstock cut at 4 1/4" by 3 1/4" and stamped the sentiment, from the Enjoy Life stamp set, in the top right corner with Blackberry Bliss ink.  I then stamped the little pattern/background stamp from the Healing Hugs stamp set in Soft Suede ink along the bottom left hand side of the Soft Suede cardstock just to add some texture under where I'm going to be placing the flower.  I layered the Soft Suede panel onto a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock that measures 4 1/2" by 3 1/2".  Next, I cut a piece of Gold Glimmer paper to 5 1/4" by 2" and adhered it along the bottom of a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that measures 5 1/4" by 4".  I then layered a piece of Blackberry Bliss Baker's twine from the Nature's Twine pack right along the top of the Gold Glimmer piece and wrapped it around to the back of the cardstock.  I then
layered the Soft Suede panel onto a standard A2 sized card base (8 1/2" by 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4") made out of Blackberry bliss cardstock.  I then layered the smaller Soft Suede and Blackberry Bliss panel onto the card base using dimensionals.  I then put some dimensionals on the back of my flower and leaves and stuck some Gold Metallic thread along the back, then adhered the flower down to the bottom left corner.  For a finishing touch, I added some metallic gold pearls.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by.  I'll have a link below to all the products used to create today's card.  Hugs!
Hugs, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment