buttons

Image Map

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Creating a Fun Beachy Scene Using Stampin' Up's Waterfront Stamp Set



To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  For today's card, I wanted to show that while you can create gorgeous, intricate landscape scenes with Stampin' Up's Waterfront stamp set, you can also keep it simple and still come away with a beautiful card.  Here's some pictures of today's card:



To create this card, I first cut out a stitched circle using the Stitched Shapes framelit dies.  I then stamped my sand with Crumb Cake ink.  Next, I stamped my ocean using Coastal Cabana (stamped off) and then Pacific Point (stamped off). Next, I stamped my beach hut in Coastal Cabana ink.  I then stamped the trunks of the palm trees with Soft Suede ink (first full strength, then stamped off for further away trees).  I then stamped the tops of the trees with Granny Apple Green, full strength, then stamped off, then skewed the stamp a bit and added some Garden Green, stamped off once, then twice.  Next, I stamped my sun with Mango Medley ink.  I then created masks for my sun and beach hut using post-it notes and then stamped my sky using Coastal Cabana (stamped off twice), Melon Mambo, stamped off twice, and Daffodil Delight, stamped off twice.  Finally, I stamped the dots in my ocean with Pacific Point ink.  I then adhered my stamped circle panel to a scalloped circle cut from Coastal Cabana cardstock and cut from the Layering Circles framelit dies.  I then cut a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstick to 1 3/4 by 4" and ran it through my Big Shot with my Seaside Textured Embossing Folder.  I then adhered that panel to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, which measures 5 1/4" by 4".  I then stamped my sentiment with Coastal Cabana ink.  Next, I wound some White Baker's Twine around the Crumb Cake panel and then adhered the entire panel to a Coastal Cabana card base, cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4".  I adhered my layered circles with dimensionals and then added some glitter enamel dots for a finishing touch.  What do you think?

Don't forget, registration is still open for my online card class which uses this stamp set.  Click HERE for all the info on the class and make sure to email me at christinemriley@gmail.com if you'd like to join.

I'll link below all the supplies used to create today's card.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment