buttons

Image Map

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Creating a Beautiful Landscape with Stampin' Up's Waterfront Stamp Set




To view on YouTube, click HERE.


Hi everyone!  For today's card, I just had to ink up the gorgeous Waterfront stamp set from Stampin' Up.  There are so many possibilities with this stamp set.  Here are some pictures of my card:



To create this card, I first cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 5" by 3 3/4".  I found a reference photo I wanted to use for my scene and I quickly sketched with light pencil where I wanted my mountains, my horizon line, and the two embankments.  Next, I stamped my mountains (furthest away are stamped off once) with Balmy Blue ink.  I then stamped my trees (just the top of the stamp got inked) with Night of Navy ink.  Next, I created the bank with the one line stamp using Old Olive ink (stamped off once).  Next, I created the river using Pool Party and Pacific Point ink.  I stamped the two embankments with Old Olive ink and then stamped the closer trees with Garden Green.  I added some dots from the splatter stamp with Pacific Point ink to the lake and then added a little color in the sky using the one line stamp and Pool Party ink.  Next I stamped my sentiment with Pacific Point ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 1 3/4" by 1 3/8".  I backed that with Pacific Point an eighth of an inch bigger, then adhered it to my stamped panel using dimensionals (I also wound some silver metallic thread behind the sentiment).  I backed the stamped panel onto a piece of Pacific Point cardstock, cut at 5 1/4" by 4" and then adhered that to a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4".  For a finishing touch, I added a few silver metallic pearls.  What do you think?

That's it from me today.  Make sure to check back later today to check out my next online card class, which will feature this stamp set.  I'll link below all the products I used to create this card.  Hugs!
Hugs, Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment