buttons

Image Map

Friday, June 29, 2018

Fabulous Flamingo Card




To view on YouTube, click HERE



Hi everyone!  I have a quick and easy, but fun and bright card to share with you today using Stampin' Up's Fabulous Flamingo stamp set.  You guys know I love two step stamping and I love how for this particular image, you get to layer four stamps on top of each other to create this beautiful flamingo. And,  as I show you in the video, you can do it without a stamping tool!!!  Here's some pictures of my card:







To create this card, I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 2 3/4 by 4".  I hen stamped the thickest, largest image in my darkest pink color, in this case, Lovely Lipstick (one of our brand new incolors).  Next, I stamped the outline of the legs in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  Next, I stamped the second fullest image in my lighter pink color, in this case, Flirty Flamingo.  Finally, I stamped the detailed top image with Memento Black ink.  I then stamped the water in Balmy Blue.  I then created my card base, which was a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut at 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4 (to create a standard A2 sized card).  I layered a piece of Whisper White cardstock inside the card base to write my message (this piece measures 4 by 5 1/4.  Next, I cut a piece of designer paper from the Garden Impresssions 6x6 designer series paper stack to 4 by 5 1/4.  I then adhered some thick Whisper White Baker's Twine to the designer paper, then adhered the designer paper to the card base.  I next cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to 2 7/8 by 4 1/8.  Next, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 1 3/4 by 1 and then staped the sentment, first in Versamark ink, then into Lovely Lipstock.  I then coated it with clear embossing powder, and then heat it with my heat gun (this is a cool technique which lets you heat emboss in any color).  I then adhered the sentiemtn strip to a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut at 1 7/8 by 1 1/8.  I placed some Stampin' Dimensionals on the back and then stuck some rose metallic gold thread behind it and then stuck it to the card base,  Finally, I added some rhinestones for a finishing touch.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today's card.  I will link below all the supplies used to create this card.  Also, don't forget to sign up for this week's online card class (click the "classes" tab at the top of my blog for all the details).  Hugs!

Big Hugs,

Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment