buttons

Image Map

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful for You - Hostess Gift Box and Card using Stampin' Up! Products

Hi everyone and happy Thursday!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  I needed a little gift box and card to give to one of my wonderful workshop hostesses so this is what I came up with.





For my projects today, I used the adorable new Stampin' Up! set, Thankful Forest Friends. I  love this set, it is SO cute!  To create the box, I cut out a 6" by 6" piece of Soft Suede cardstock.  I then scored it on each side at 2 inches.  Next, cut off the four corners (the section in between the score lines at each corner).  Next, I folded up at each score line to create the box shape.  I then adhered my design paper (from the Into the Woods paper stack).  Each piece was cut at 2 1/4" by 1 3/4" and adhered to the outside squares of the box.  Next, I used my 1/16" circle punch and punched holes in each corner, then thread my linen thread through each side and tied a bow.  This is how you hold the box together.  I then cut strips of Soft Suede cardstock and crinkled it to create the fun iside of the box.  I punched out the greeting (stamped in Tangerine Tango ink), from the Among the Branches stamp set, with a 2" circle punch, and adhered it to the box with dimensionals.  I then stamped the fox in Cajun Craze ink, cut him out, and adhered him to the box using dimensionals.  I found the tutorial for this box HERE.

For the card, I used a greeting from the Thankful Forest Friends stamp set and created the mutliple colors by coloring on the stamp itself with Stampin' Write markers, blowing on the stamp when done coloring, and stamping it onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, and Old Olive markers.  I also used Into the Woods DP, Soft Suede and Tangerine Tango cardstock, Into the Woods DSP, dimenionals, linen thread, and cut out another fox.  What do you think?

Whew, that was sort of a long post today, sorry about that :)  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I'll link all the products I used below.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by!

Inky Hugs,

Christine
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment: