buttons

Image Map

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Stampin' Up Spooky Sweets Halloween Card



To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  For today's card, I just had to ink up the super cute Spooky Sweets stamp set from the new 2018 Stampin' Up holiday catalog.  You can purchase the stamp set and coordinating punch separately if you like, but if you purchase them together as a bundle, you get 10% off.  Here are my cards:




To create this card, I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 1/4" by 3 1/4".  I stamped the tree using the Sheltering Tree stamp set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then sponged my night sky scene using Night of Navy and Gorgeous Grape inks and sponges.  I then used the textures stamp from the stamp set and added some texture to the sky by stamping it a few times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Next, I cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock for my card base at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then cut a piece of designer paper from the Toil and Trouble DSP (measuring 5 1/4" by 4").  I then layered the sponged panel onto a piece of Mango Melody cardstock (measuring 4 12" by 3 1/2").  Next, on some scrap Whisper White cardstock, I stamped my bats with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then stamped my moon with Mango Melody.  The stars and moon from this stamp set coordinate with the Twinkle Builder punch from the Annual Catalog so I punched my stamped moon out with that punch, and then punched uout some stars from Mango Melody cardstock.  Next, I adhered my moon and stars down to my inked panel with some glue.  I also cut a black spooky fence using the Farmhouse Framelit dies from the Holiday Catalog and glued that down to the panel.  I then added my bats with mini dimensionals.  I the adhered the panel to the card front with dimensionals.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a small piece of Mango Melody cardstock and adhered it with dimensionals.  For a finishing touch, I added a beautiful Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon from the Holiday Catalog to tie a bow along the top of the card base and adhered a mini glue dot to the center of the bow so it wouldn't slide around.  What do you think?

I'll be doing my next online card class with this bundle so make sure to check the blog post right after this one for all the information on that class.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  I'll have a link to all the products I used to create this card below.  Hugs!
Hugs, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment