buttons

Image Map

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Creating a Fun Halloween Card with Stampin' Up's Cauldron Bubble Bundle



To view on YouTube, click HERE.


Hi everyone!  For today's card, I just had to color up the adorable witch from the new Cauldron Bubble stamp set.  Here's the card I made:



To create today's card, I first stamped the witch and the broom in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I then colored the witch with the following Stampin' Blends markers (which are alcohol markers): Basic Black Combo, Highland Heather Combo, Mango Melody Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo, Soft Suede Combo, Petal Pink Combo, and Dark Daffodil Delight.  For the broom, I used the Soft Suede Combo and Dark Daffodil Delight.  I show in detail in the video how I used the markers to create a fun shaded effect.

Next, I cut a piece of the new Black Foil Paper to 5 1/4" by 4" and then ran it through the Big Shot using the new Tin Tile Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I then added some shimmer to this panel using a sponge dauber and the new Champagne Mist Shimmer Paste.  I then cut out a stitched oval using my Stitched Shapes framelit dies and a silver oval from silver glimmer paper using our Layering Ovals framelit dies.  I adhered these ovals together using mini glue dots, and then popped my witch and broom (after cutting them out with the coordinating dies) with dimensionals and mini dimensionals.  I cut a card base from Gorgeous Grape cardstock (measuring 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4) and a placed a piece of Whisper White cardstock inside to write my message (this measures 5 1/4" by 4".  I then adhered the black foil panel to the card front.  Next, I cut a strip of star DSP from the Toil and Trouble DSP paper stack to 4" by 1 1/2" . I cut a piece of Pumpkin Cardstock to 4" by 1 3/4" and mounted the DSP to that and then adhered the panel to the card front.  I adhered my ovals with my witch and broom to the card front using dimensionals. I  stamped my sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Gorgeous Grape cardstock (cut at 2 1/4" by 3/4" and then cut a banner edge using my Triple Banner Punch. I then wound a bunch of Silver Metallic Thread behind the sentiment panel and stuck it to dimensionals and then stuck it to the cardstock.  Next, I tied a  beautiful bow along the top of the card using the new Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon.  I  then used a piece of Black Baker's Twine to attach a Spider Trinket to the bow.  What do you think?

I really loved putting this card together and working with Stampin' Up's alcohol markers.  They blend beautifully.  Don't forget, I'm doing an online card class using this bundle and you have until noon on Monday, September 10 to register.  All details on the class can be found HERE.

That's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  I'll link below all the products I used to create this fun card.  Thank you for your business and support :)
Hugs,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment