buttons

Image Map

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Creating a Cute Winter Scene with Stampin' Up's New Spirited Snowmen Stamp Set



To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  I just had to get out the new Spirited Snowmen stamp set from Stampin' Up's new Holiday Catalog and start playing with it.  This stamp set is absolutely adorable and I had so much fun making today's card.  Here are some pictures:




To begin working on today's card, I first started with a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock cut to 4 1/4" by 3 1/4".  I chose Thick Whisper White because I was going to be coloring the snowmen with my Stampin' Blends and I find I get better blending on the thick paper.  I cut two little hillsides from White Glimmer paper using the hillside die from the In the Woods Framelit Die Set (stay tuned for videos using this gorgeous bundle soon!!)  I placed (without adhering) my hillsides down on my Thick Whisper White cardstock and drew a little pencil mark where I wanted the bottom of my snowmen couple to be stamped, then removed the hillsides.  Next, I stamped the snowman couple with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the thick Whisper White panel.  I then created a mask to cover the snow couple so I could ink the background.  To create my mask, I simply stamped the image on a post it note and then cut it out and stuck it on top to cover my snow couple.  To ink the background, I used Lovely Lipstick, Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy, and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used my Stampin' Sponges and just kept blending the inks onto top of each other until I got the results I wanted.  I then, still keeping my mask on the snowmen, got a cheap paint brush and the new Frost White shimmer paint and flicked some of the paint onto the inked background so it would look like snow or stars.  I set this panel aside to let the shimmer paint dry.

Next, I cut out a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock to 5 1/4" by 4" and then ran it through my Big Shot with the new Swirls and Curls textured impressions embossing folder from the Holiday Catalog.  I then took a sponge dauber and added some Frost White Shimmer Paint to the cardstock panel and set it aside to dry.  Next, I colored my snowmen couple with the following Stampin' Blends (which are our amazing alcohol markers): Light Smoky Slate, Color Lifter, Lovely Lipstick Combo, Cherry Cobbler Combo, Night of Navy combo, Basic Black combo, and Shaded Spruce combo.  I then lightly spritzed some White Shimmer Paint onto the snowmen panel using my Spritzer bottle, which I filled 80% with rubbing alcohol and 10% White Shimmer Paint.  Next I let that dry and then adhered my snowmen panel to a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock cut at 4 1/2" by 3 1/2".  I then adhered my Blackberry Bliss panel to a Black card base which measures 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  I then adhered my snowmen panel with dimensionals.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a strip of Lovely Lipstick cardstock and then used my Banner Triple Punch to cut the banner end off.  I then adhered the sentiment panel with some mini dimensionals.  What do you think?

Whew!  Well, there sure were a lot of techniques used in today's card, but none of them are hard and I sure hope you enjoyed today's video.  I will link below all of the products used to make this card so make sure to check that out and click on the links if you'd like to purchase anything.  Thanks so much for stopping by and for your business.
Huge Hugs,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment