buttons

Image Map

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Stampin' Up Spirited Snowmen



To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  For today's card and video tutorial, I just had to paly with the Spirited Snowmen stamp set again, which is new from Stampin' Up in the 2018 Holiday Catalog.  I also used the new Buffalo Check background stamp as well.  Here's today's card:




To create today's card, I stamped my cute snowman onto Thick Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then cut it out with a stitched circle from our Stitched Shapes Framelits dies set.  I then colored the cute snowman with the following Stampin' Blends: Light Smokey Slate, Color Lifter, Lovely Lipstick Combo, Bermuda Bay Combo, Pumpkin Pie Combo, Soft Suede Combo, and Dark Basic Black.  I then set that aside and cut a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock to 3 3/4" by 5".  I then used some repositionable adhesive to adhere it down to a piece of grid paper/scratch paper I placed inside my Stamparatus.  I then layered the Buffalo Check background stamp over the cardstock until it was straight, then shut the Stamparatus lid so it would stick to the lid of the stamparatus.  I then inked the stamp with Early Espresso ink and stamped it onto the Coastal Cabana Cardstock.  By using the Stamparatus, I could do this as many times as I needed to to get a perfect, beautiful image.

Next, I cut a card base out of Coastal Cabana cardstock (standard A2 sized card base measuring 11" by 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2").  I cut a piece of Early Espresso to 4" by 5 1/4" and adhered it to the card base and then adhered the Buffalo Check panel on top of that.  I cut a scalloped circle from our Layering Circles Framelit dies out of Bermuda Bay cardstock and adhered our snowman circle to that.  I then added some dimensionals on the back and then wound some silver metallic thread along the back.  I then adhered the circle panel to the card front.  I cut a small strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock and stamped my sentiment with Bermuda Bay ink.  I then used my Banner Triple Punch to create the banner end.  I layered a piece of Silver Glimmer paper underneath the sentiment panel, also using the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner end, and then adhered the sentiment panel with dimensionals to the card front.  Next I cut a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and tied a double knot along the top of the card front.  For a finishing touch, I added five silver metallic pearls.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you enjoyed today's card and video tutorial.  Links for all the products used to create today's card can be found below and you can shop in my store any time, 24/7.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by!  Hugs

Hugs,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment