buttons

Image Map

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Watercoloring with Stampin' Up's brand new Wonderful Moments Stamp Set and Watercolor Pencils

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to share today's card with you.  I fell in love with Stampin' Up's new Wonderful Moments stamp set the minute I saw it in the new catalog.  I love to watercolor and this stamp set is perfect for that.  Here's a video sharing how I made today's project:

(to view on YouTube, click HERE)

And here's a few pictures of the card:





I think this turned out beautifully and trust me when I say, this card was so easy to put together.  You could truly create a ton of these at once if you wanted to.

To create this card, I first stamped the girl image with StazOn Jet Black ink onto Stampin' Up watercolor paper (you could also use SU Shimmery White cardstock and at the end of the video, I show you the results I got with that paper as well).  Next, I used the two step stamping technique to place the balloons and gift bag in her hands (these stamps are photopolymer so it made it super easy to line everything up).  I then cut the stamped panel into a rectangle (mine measures 2/12" by 4 1/8").  Next, I clored the image using my Stampin' Up watercolor pencils (I used Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Early Espresso, and Calypso Coral) and an Aqua Painter.  I then stamped the fun what looks like confetti image around the main panel using Melon Mambo ink.  I then adhered the watercolor panel to a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut at 2 5/8" by 4 1/4".  I then set that aside and then created an A2 sized card base out of Thick Whisper White cardstock (which measures 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 when folded).  I adhered a piece of Garden Impressions designer series paper cut at 3 3/4" by 5" and adhered it to a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut at 4" by 5 1/4".  I then wrapped some white baker's twin around that panel, and then adhered it to my card base.  I then adhered the stamped panel backed with black cardstock to the card base using Stampin dimensionals.  I then stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto some Melon Mambo cardstock and then punched it out using the Classic Label Punch.  I then adhered that to the water colored panel using mini dimensionals.  For a finishing touch, I added some rhinestone basic jewels and some Clear Wink of Stella glitter to the balloons and gift bag.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I will link below to all the products I used to create this card.  Feel free to check out my Stampin' Up store if you need any supplies.  See you back here soon!

Hugs, Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment