buttons

Image Map

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Creating a Beatiful, Vintage Looking Card Using Stampin' Up's Pop of Petals Bundle


To view on YouTube, click HERE.

Hi everyone!  I have a new card and video tutorial to share today showing how I made this vintage looking card using Stampin' Up's Pop of Petals bundle as well as a few other stamp and die sets.  Here are some pictures of my card:



To create this card, I first started off with a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I stamped 4 flowers from the Pop of Petals stamp set with Powder Pink ink and two with Berry Burst ink.  I put some dimensionals on the backs of all of the flowers and wound some metallic copper thread on the backs of the two Berry Burst flowers.  Next, I decided to use the Stitched Seasons Framelits (which are only available for the month of August, and only while supplies lasts) to cut out the beautiful stitched shape out of Soft Sea Foam cardstock.  I then stamped two leafy images from the Pop of Petals stamp set onto the Soft Sea Foam panel with Soft Sea Foam ink.  I then used my Embossing Buddy and ran it over the Soft Sea Foam panel and then stamped the splotchy image, which comes from Stampin' Up's Touches of Texture stamp set, with Versamark ink and then sprinkled Copper Embossing Powder over it and heat the powder with my heat gun.  I then adhered all of the flowers with dimensionals onto the Soft Sea Foam panel.  Next, I took a small strip of Berry Burst cardstock and stamped the greeting "Thank You," from the Abstract Impressions stamp set, with Versamark ink and then embossed it with copper embossing powder.  Next, I cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock to 4" by 5 1/4" and ran it through my Big Shot with my Tufted Embossing Folder.  I then adhered that to a Powder Pink card base measuring 11" by 4 1/4" scored at 5 1/2".  I then adhered the Soft Sea Foam with dimensionals.  Next, I added punched a banner end to my sentiment panel using my Banner Triple Punch.  Next, I added dimensionals to the back of the sentiment panel and then wound some metallic copper thread around the back.  I then adhered the sentiment panel to the front of the card base.  I cut out two filigrees out of Copper Foil Paper for the bottom left and top right corner using the Stitched Season Framelits dies.  I adhered them and then, for a finishing touch, I added some rhinestones for some bling.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  I'll link below to all the products used to create this card.  Huge hugs!
Hugs,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment